TreeView4GL.ocx & Windows Server 2003

cesaroll

Hi,

We have an application which uses Treview4GL.ocx (ver 3.7.0.8), it works perfect in any Win 98/NT 4/2000/XP PC we have, the problem is windows Server 2003, when I try to register the ocx it shows the next error:

"Run Time Error 255 at 0006A985"

"LoadLibrary("Treeview4GL.ocx") failed - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routine failed."

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

cesaroll

This error is displayed when I run the "regsvr32 treeview4gl.ocx" command.

The application works with Progress WebClient, it is installed through the web server and it installs automatically all the ocx it use. It works perfect, we have around 300 pc's with the application, and the user or thecnical support can install it without our help. The application was installed by my own in this new windows server 2003 and every ocx we use was installed automatically except for this treeview4gl, I've tried to install it manually and I received this error.
Of course the application is useless without this treeview.

cesaroll

I don't know, the application was developed using this treeview4gl and it's working fine, except with Windows server 2003.

gcampbell

If there is nothing special about your TreeView then I'd go with the standard MS component. You're pretty much guaranteed that it will work on any Windows versions ...