thread safe shared library called from Progress 9.1d

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

user1274605

I'm working on a project that involves legacy systems written in Progress 9.1d. These systems need to use a shared library I programmed in C language.

I was told by the Progress folks that the aplication works via something called an "appserver". This appserver has something they call "agents" and when a user executes the Progress application, the appserver instantiates (I suppose it´s called that way) an agent to attend the petition. There are a limited number of agents and when the limit is surpassed, the petitions are queued.

So, each of these agents executes the Progress code that uses my shared library. My fear is that there could be data collisions between them. The shared library does not has global nor static variables. All the data the shared library function uses is created inside it, all variables are local.

The shared library and the Progress appserver are in a same UNIX server HP-UX 11.1

I'm guessing that each new agent has it's own copy of the data of the Progress aplication, but if it does, I don't know if the same happens with the shared library stuff...

If someone has expereince using shared libraries with Progress, are there some measures to take for concurrency?

So far our tests have been without problems.

Any comment would be appreciated, thanks.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.