Task Manager End Prowin32.exe-Transaction Backout

sivaneli

When the program opens the upper level consists of a transaction. All of the resulting lower-level transaction to. (For example: the definition of Companies is made. (One table). Process is completed.).

*** The program does not normally shut down when a problem occurs. Single: When the Task Manager to terminate all transactions made in the prowin32.ex transaction to getting back on the lower level. How can I prevent this from happening.

Note: I'm using the Progress 10.1B Edition.
The source of the error codes misspelled. 30,000 more than the current code file (* .wma, *. P *. I etc.)

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I don't understand your problem. Are you saying that too much is being rolled back?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If the upper level is a transaction then it is normal and expected behavior for everything to be undone when an error or occurs or task manager kills the process.

The program is functioning as designed.

That is, however, almost certainly a bad design. It is almost never a good idea to create large transactions and an even worse idea to create them at an "upper level".

sivaneli

Hello Cringer.
Let me try to explain.
I go into the system (for example: entering a transaction I open) I'm going to do with no subsequent record.
Any one record I say I'm going Submit completed. I'll leave the record entry screen.
Then: the Task Manager (user error) prowin32.ex 't I concludes.

Conclusions: Sign my records are deleted from the system (Rolling back the work being done)
Reason: after all transactions in the first entry of the transaction itself ciliary take it back.

TheMadDBA

Step 1 - Read the documentation about transaction scope.

Step 2 - Compile your code the LISTING option... COMPILE myprog.p LISTING mylistfile.txt.

At the end section of the LISTING output it will show you where your transactions are actually scoped.

Basically.... you think the transaction is ending (committed) at a certain point but in reality the transaction is much larger and still open.