Startup AppServer/WebSpeed

Gizmo

We have just developped our first application with WebSpeed and we now want to deploy it. But...

Situation:
NameServer: NSCOM
AppServer: ASCOM
WebSpeed: wsbroker1
Databases: COMM, COMS, COMD

When the WebSpeed broker starts, there is a test to see if the AppServer is available.

Problem:
When the backup of our server starts, all the databases are shut down with batch-files. So because the Appserver uses the databases, we need to shutdown the AppServer. But because the WebSpeedbroker needs the AppServer, we also shut down the WebSpeedBroker.
1 Shutdown WebSpeed
2 Shutdown AppServer
3 Shutdown Databases

Startup:
1 Startup Databases
2 Startup AppServer
3 Startup WebSpeed

After restarting our databases we first restart our AppServer and then we restart our WebSpeedbroker. But it all happens too fast. The AppServers registration with the nameserver happens when the WebSpeedbroker is already starting and then it is already too late.

Does anyone know how I can change my batchfiles so that I don't have that problem?

Thanks,

WebSpeed beginner.

warba

Possibly;

1) use online backups and don't shut anything down

2) check status' of each previous step before continuing (or just pause for a minute or two between each step of db startup/adminserver/nameserver/broker startup).

brucebp

Online Backups

Have you given any thought to doing online backups? You could get one full offline backup on the weekend and then just do online incremental backups nightly.