[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] What is the best practice for user authetication with Openedge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JulesVerne

I want to improve the security for my application and don't know what's the best way to do it. A big problem for me is to log login failures, how can i write faild logins to a DB that i havent connected becouse of the faild login? (the _user table is empty except of password and userid, and there is nearly no info about this table) Another problem, i try to use client principal to secure transmitt user and password data, but i don't know how to connect a DB with it when i am not already conneted (for example with empty login that i prefer to prvent). Another weird thing, databse permissions per default only have effect when you compile your r-code, after that it is no problem to write a field with a user that has not the permission to do this, becous r-code has permission. I can set "use runtime permission" in the data admin, but it seems to not have any effect. The resolution hints from progress for this are a joke. Progress Customer Community

It would be nice to get some hints for good solution.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.