[stackoverflow] [progress Openedge Abl] Source Control For Remote Clients With Custom Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Haffenreffer

I'm looking for source control options for code that resides on multiple client sites outside my network. The core of the code files are all the same but each client needs certain files customized for their own purposes. I'm wondering if there's a way I can keep all the core files and each of our clients' custom files "together" in one source control software.

Currently we have not source control for any of it. We log into each client's site via RDP and edit their code files individually. When we want to test a change, we either test on their servers, or copy the files back locally and test. It would be nice to be able to make those changes locally through source control, then deploy those changes to their server after testing locally.

Another hurdle we have is when we make an update to the core code, we now have to make the exact same change at all our clients' sites. Any good options for this type of situation?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.