[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Imported XML-Documentation missing for C# Function with .NET dictionary<String, Value> input type in OpenEdge

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D3adC0de

I have searched, but found nothing that covers this.

My Problem, In OpenEdge Progress Developer Studio i have imported an .dll and the corresponding Xml documentation file from an C# application. The written function commentary of the documentation should now be visible in "Class Browser" in the OpenEdge Editor. But the documentation for C# functions that have an .NET dictionary<String, Object> type as input-variable is missing. (All the functions work and the documentation is showing for the rest of the functions)

Example of my the C# funtion in visual studio:

Code:
/// <summary>
/// Summary Text of my function
/// </summary>
/// <remarks>Something remarkable</remarks>
/// <param name="mydictionary">dict description</param>
/// <returns>String Return</returns>
public String TestFunctionWInputDictionary(dictionary<String, object> mydictionary)
{
    do something ...
}

My steps:

1. For my C# application in Visual Basic (V16.9.3), i am generating the .dll File and the XML-Documentation file.

The xml looks like this

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
<assembly>
<name>Namespacename</name>
</assembly>
<members>
<member name="M:Namespacename.Classname.TestFunctionWInputDictionary(System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary{System.String,System.Object})">
<summary>Summary Text of my function</summar>
<remarks>Something remarkable</remarks>
<param name="mydictionary">dict description</param>
<returns>String Return</returns>
</member>
</members>
</doc>
  1. In my 4gl Progress application in OpenEdge Progress Developer Studio (V4.5.2) i am importing those files into the Assemblies folder.

After "rebuilding the assembly project model" in OpenEdge Editor, i can use the imported functions and see the documentation in the "Class Browser". But NOT for the functions that have an dictionary as input-variable. This is how it looks in OpenEdge Editor "Class Browser":

Code:
METHOD PUBLIC FINAL character TestFunctionWInputDictionary(INPUT mydictionary AS CLASS "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<character, System.Object>")

Member of Namespacename.Classname

Summary:

But it should look like this

Code:
METHOD PUBLIC FINAL character TestFunctionWInputDictionary(INPUT mydictionary AS CLASS "System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary<character, System.Object>")

Member of Namespacename.Classname

Summary: Summary Text of my function

Remarks: Something remarkable

Parameters:
mydictionary: dict description

Return Values:
String Return

When i remove the dictionary input-variable the documentation shows up. The Xml File shows no warnings (like e.g. Not well formed)

I don't know if this is an XML problem or an OpenEdge Editor or Progress problem. Any help is highly appreciated

-D3adC0de

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.