[stackoverflow] [progress Openedge Abl] C# Application Performance Issues -- Fast On One,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tobbiefox

(NOTE to Stackoverflow Admins, if this is in the wrong group, let me know and I'll move it over (or you can). Thanks)

I'm at my wits' end here so I'm posting this question to this group in the hopes that someone will be able to help.

There is a C# multi-threaded application that was compiled with the Microsoft Net 3.5 Framework. Without going into greater detail as to what the application does, it performs hundreds to thousands of SQL queries towards an end goal.

It performs at a very high level on a production server -- a Windows 2012 R2 box, however, on a staging server that is 100% identical to the production server in every way -- another Windows 2012 R2 box, the same application's performance dropped by 50% (e.g. 30,000 records per minute, for example, down to 15,000 records per minute).

We have already done comparisons (by a network engineer and by a Microsoft certified DBA) at the SQL Server (SQL Server 2008 R2) layer, at the application layer, and at the network transport layer (NIC throughput tests). In every single comparison, both servers were identical -- files, SQL Server configuration, stored procedures, indexes, NIC card settings, network throughput, hardware settings, etc.

Is the performance issue related to the application (and if so, what?) or something external -- perhaps at the OS layer? Something is causing that staging server to have performance issues.

Much thanks!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.