SSL Configuration for App Server Agents

Dear All,

Environment: Progress 10.1b, Windows Server 2008 R2.

I face a problem in turning SSL on in 'App Server agent' using progress explorer. Two weeks back everything was working fine and to test something I turned off the SSL ("Enable SSL Check box which you get through the properties of the agent").
Now when I wanted to turn it on again, the agent is not starting. Returns with message/error code 8297. Tried replacing original ubroker.properties and modifying it again(as suggested by KB, assigned value 1 for sslenable parameter), but did not succeed at it. But as it is, without SSL option enabled, everything is working fine.
Request your speedy help on this.
Regards,
Santhosh Subramanian

RealHeavyDude

Almost forgot - just in case: Since you say it is OE 10.1b ( which is very old software and unsupported ) - the default SSL certificate that comes with the installation has a expiration date somehwere this year.

Did you import your own SSL server certificate in the Porgress key store and specify that in the ubroker.properties?

What does the log file of the AppServer broker say?
What does the log file of the AppServer agents say?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Hi RHD,

Yes.. indeed it was my mistake. The default certificates expired last month. So, we have disabled SSL in app server agents for our test system.

I have generated self signed certificates and was placing it in the certs and keys folder. I initially thought the problem was with it.

Now, I have copied the default ubroker.properties files and re-added the agent properties. Now it is working fine.

Thanks for your suggestions/help.

Regards,
Santhosh Subramanian