Setting up EDI in MFG/PRO 9.0

subhendra

I had never worked on QAD EDI module.:( Can anyone help me to setup EDI process (step by step) for QAD 9.0 SP2.

Thanks in advance.

oldemanw

EDI is very complex to set up, with multiple layers where one format is converted/transformed to another.
I suggest getting an expert for this job, it's not something that can be done overnight.

gordouhlig

It's very complicated. You'll also need to bring in a method of connecting QAD's EDI processor to the files you're attempting to be it (be it xml or x12). In other words, turning it on in QAD only gets you there halfway.

I just went through a implementation and it took a month of istall and testing to get it right (that was SO and Shipping only).

Gordo

Hi,

go thru this user guide from QAD.

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
MFG/PRO eB2 User Guide Volume 7
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Release Management
Under this
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]
Using EDI ECommerce

Shiva
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

rndcrewzer

I have been working with the ecommerce module for the last 9 years. Just wanted to throw in to keep in mind that the Ecommerce module was first intruduced with mfg/pro 9.0 and there have been some changes and many patches since that version. And as I am sure you are aware the 9.0 is no longer supported.

ramesh004

Hello Shiva,

I am a SCM Manager and new to Automotive industry.

We have EDI setup with our customers and have issues with Spare parts orders and issues with Backflush errors.

Could you through some light on these issues, it will be helpful if you can share some checklist with which we can take care of routine issues.

Regards
Ramesh

Hello Ramesh,

Please let me know which version of QAD you are currently using?
Is this a new EDI setup or was it working before ?

Where is the exact problem? inbound or outbound?

Regards,
Shiv