Question regarding QAD Enterprise Apps 2008,

RTNewbie

We are in the process of evaluating QAD's latest version and are looking for candid honest feedback on the product.
Sales of course will tell you that their s/w can interface with anything- but the real question how easy or complicated is it really. So, when they say it interfaces with Crystal- does it work well? (I have checked the threads and I am beginning to wonder.)

Is there really very little admin work for the QAD system ? We've been told "QAD is a very efficient system. Many customers have little or no internal IT Staff dedicated to QAD..." Do you find this to be true?

Is their support staff responsive and knowledgeable?

Anyone using their e-signature functionality? Does it work well? Can it be printed easily along with the transaction for which the e-sig stands?

How is the upgrading and patching process?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!!
Robin

Sales of course will tell you that their s/w can interface with anything- but the real question how easy or complicated is it really. So, when they say it interfaces with Crystal- does it work well? (I have checked the threads and I am beginning to wonder.)

It doesnt work seamlessly, instead of crystal you would have to use corvu. Its works easily compared to crystal.

Is there really very little admin work for the QAD system ? We've been told "QAD is a very efficient system. Many customers have little or no internal IT Staff dedicated to QAD..." Do you find this to be true?

You need staff for admin/maint/development. Its depends on number of users at yyour site.

Is their support staff responsive and knowledgeable?
The support is managed well, if you can simulate a issue it will be fixed.

Anyone using their e-signature functionality? Does it work well? Can it be printed easily along with the transaction for which the e-sig stands?
Yes.

How is the upgrading and patching process?
Upgrading is simple for vanilla version, customisations does attract effort at upgrading.
Patches are provided by qad support staff and can be applied easily.