Question Query to check all database accounts?

Hello,

I can't seem to find how to query the database to check how many user accounts I have in the database. Is there a table or tool to search?

Thanks,
Richard

ForEachInvoiceDelete

VST tables. I think its _User, but i dont have access to a progress database right now.

Code:
def var icount as int no-undo.

for each _user no-lock:

assign icount = icount + 1.

end.

message icount view-as alert-box.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If this counting of users is at all related to a license audit or preparation for a license audit you would be very well advised to get professional help. However, licensing is not something that you really want to explore via free advice on open forums.

Licensing is ugly, unpleasant, and nobody wants to deal with it. Techies often despise it and either think that everything ought to be free or that the policies they grew up with 20 years ago still apply. That often leads to a very wide gap between what the business is paying for and what is actually deployed.

Like it or not it is real. And like it or not Progress has a team dedicated to performing audits.

I know it sounds self-serving but we can help you with this. The worst thing you can do if you get the audit letter from Progress is to try to handle it yourself. Yes, we are expensive but we often save clients 6 figures or more and our fees are just a tiny drop in that bucket. The *best* time to get outside help is *before* you get that letter. If you proactively address issues ahead of time you can avoid all of the penalties and do it largely on your own terms.

Last edited:

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
On more thing...

You don't have to be a huge company to be facing a huge penalty. In one case a company with about 20 retail stores each with a handful of users (most had 2 or 3) called us after the initial finding from Progress was north of $2M. We were able to help them show Progress how that was erroneous and got the final bill *substantially* reduced. They still had to pay big bucks but not nearly the original finding. If they had reached out to us *prior* to the audit we could have proactively cleaned it all up and saved even more.