Question Progress with ZeroMQ

Rodrigo RUbio

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has been able to successfully implement zeroMQ and Progress. If so, is there sample code somewhere I could refer to? I'm currently running OpenEdge 10.2A windows.

Cheers,
Rodrigo

KrisM

I am not familiar with zeroMQ but I think you can find plenty of code samples, just not for Progress.
You can use those samples and convert the syntax to progress syntax.

Code:
create socket mySocket.
mySocket:set-read-response-procedure(...).
mySocket:connect(...).
mySocket:write(...).
mySocket:read(...).

Rodrigo RUbio

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the responses. I'm hoping to find out if anyone has had a successful and ongoing implementation of zeroMQ and Progress under a live environment. The link of above hasn't had any conclusive feedback, considering my deadline "tight" i'm wanting to make sure it is robust.

Rodrigo

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I believe that Julian gave up on ZMQ. He did, however, implement an excellent STOMP library that uses any of several MQ brokers (Apache, Rabbit, etc...) that I adopted for ProTop 3.0.

Mike's stuff is, big surprise, all .NET. So it is of limited interest to anyone using Unix.

I thought about ZMQ for a while but, as I recall, it requires callbacks and/or multi-threading which makes integrating it with OpenEdge difficult. Of course I might be misremembering or something...