Progress OpenEdge RDBMS clients

Hi all,
could u please give me the detailed information or links to get those clients who are using only Progress OpenEdge RDBMS as their Backend.Since Progress is having lot of products,i need specifically for Progress OpenEdge RDBMS as their Backend?

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I have a hard time understanding your question. What information do you want? You need inofrmation on how to set op a remote client for a Progress database? (This doesn't need to be a enterprise db btw).
Or do you want infomration on something else?

For remote client connections you need to install client networking license client side.

Casper.

No,i need to know the customers who are using only Progress OpenEDGE RDBMS as their backend.i got customers info from progress.com.but specifically i need only customers who are using Progress OpenEdge.

its not a technical question?

its a general question

Thanks

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
its not a technical question?
its a general question

Then the dba forum isn't the right place to ask this, I suppose. :)

But anyway, All the customers?
Well we are one such company....
If there are people who know such information, then they work @progress.

Just curious, but what do you want to do with this information?

Casper.

since am preparing some presentation,i need those info.say,for eg,i can say (just for eg,am not sure Pepsi is using it or not)Pepsi is the customer who is using Progress Openedge as their backend and they are satisfied wirh Progress OpenEdge performance.they didn't rely on anyother RDBMs so far...like this,i can give customer info to my audience!
even in my company some customers are using Oracle RDBMS as their only backend..they didnt rely on others.even for progress too but i addded those info in my presentation...other than this globaly i need the customer info....not all but atleast 3-4 customers.

Thanks for ur reply Casper!!!

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
If what you are looking for is reference accounts, I would suggest asking PSC themselves. Any rep should be able to come up with some reference accounts oriented toward a specific vertical or application type. I think the figure is something like 5 million users using OpenEdge products world wide ... so that is a lot of companies!