Progress exe's deleted by Antivirus s/w

Hello,

I m using Progress 10.1A.

On My progress server, the antiirus s/w deleted the .exe files from the progress directory.

Our IT team has restored the exe files.
After restoring the product works fine but it has been observed that sometimes the Progress screens i.e. .p gets hang.

The Progress product is in production now. So I cannot uninstall progress and reinstall.
Request you to tell me the way, how can I repair my progress 10.1A.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The Progress product is in production now. So I cannot uninstall progress and reinstall.
Request you to tell me the way, how can I repair my progress 10.1A.

Is a database running on this machine?
If not then there is no reason not to reinstall, if there is then maybe you have to rethink the use of Antivirus on that machine, especially if you didn't exclude progress from the scan activities of the antiv virus software.
Even if there is a database on that machine, since it is windows, which needs to be restarted after almost every update, you have plenty of 'windows of oportunity' to reinstall progress at that machine.

Are you sure it is not the anti-virus which causes screens to hang?

Casper.

Thanks for reply...

We are having two servers with the same configurations and settings.

At a time one server can be live. Both the server uses same DB.

The screens get hang for the server which is mentioned in the problem.

The same screens don’t get hang when the other server is Live.

So as per my analysis the problem is bcoz of deleted exe's.

Need ur comments on this.

4GLNewbie

I cannot tell you how to have back your exe. Sorry.

I can add to what said before that it is a safe and common rule to set the default action for an antivirus to move files into some quarantine folder and not to delete them. You never know what an antivirus may consider a virus.
If they can be found in quarantine folder you can always tell the antivirus to roll back operation.

Or else ( but this option can make you vulnerable somehow ) exclude from scan the folders you know for safe ones.

Bye.