[progress Communities] [progress Openedge Abl] Forum Post: Re: What's The Recommended Way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mike Fechner

If I'm not mistaking, OpenEdge 11.4 rest adapter was not yet supporting the JSON dataset before image. That may be limiting. Sent from Nine Von: Anil Kumar Gesendet: 14.08.2017 09:09 An: TU.OE.Kendouibuilder@community.progress.com Betreff: RE: [Technical Users - OE Kendo UI Builder] What's the Recommended way to Create the Back-End/Business Entities and Services? Update from Progress Community Anil Kumar Hi Saravan, I would like to provide my thoughts or views on this. KUIB 2.0 uses JSDO 4.4 internally and this combination is certified or well verified with OpenEdge 11.7.0 and OpenEdge 11.7.1. JSDO is not certified with OpenEdge 11.4 version. However, KUIB needs a backend service (say RESTful or DataObject Web handler or OData) as part of ‘Data Provider’ creation which acts like building block for a KUIB webapp. Using 11.4 OpenEdge we can expose OpenEdge data by creating RESTful services that are deployed to OE WebServer (or Tomcat in the Box). These services can be used directly in KUIB environment as part of KUIB web apps for building the front-end. It is always ideal to use latest supported stack (KUIB 2.0, JSDO 4.4 and OpenEdge 11.7.1) for smooth execution. Though I haven’t tried using KUIB 2.0 with OpenEdge 11.4, you should be able to build a working application using OpenEdge 11.4 as well. Some of the specific functionality which does depend on latest PDS OE (Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge) will be unavailable using 11.4.0 followed by changes to BusinessEntity abstract class file which will have impact on the Business Entity files. Semantic Types Foreign Key support My two cents. Hope this helps. Thanks and Regards, Anil Kumar. View online You received this notification because you subscribed to the forum. To unsubscribe from only this thread, go here . Flag this post as spam/abuse.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.