[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: PASOE memory usage within a single agent (_mproapsv on 11.7.4 on windows)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Another update, I was able to force the agent processes to shrink the private bytes ("commit size") in some simple scenarios. First I would allow a session to leak a lot of memory, then I would trim the inactive ABL sessions out of the PASOE agent. After doing this, the hosting agent process will shrink. These are short-lived agents with a very artificial and simple memory leak (basically a persistent procedure, that has a nested LONGCHAR with a lot of text in it). In this simple scenario my agent processes go back to about an 80 MB "commit size". In production I can do the same thing and try to trim all inactive ABL sessions out of a PASOE agent that is running at 1.5 GB, but I do *not* get all the way down to 80 MB again. The routine only gets us down to a 1 GB commit size or so. This may be either because there is a surplus of memory in production, or because there is a leak in the process (which is outside of the trimmed ABL sessions themselves).

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.