[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: OpenEdge 11.7.5 - Embed Chrome Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jquerijero

[quote user="rdhaan2"] I've tried to get CefSharp to work,but de .NET in the assemblies was no problem. However, there we more .DLL which are started, and they need to be in your path somewhere. So in the 'Controls' folder or in the 'Openedge' dir did not work for me. I tried some more and finally found DotNetbrowser which i';ve got working in a .NET form. However, this costs money. Keep in mind - every control i've found is getting into this problem - Chromium is multi threaded. So call from Progress to or better calls back from Javascript are difficult... Every time I got Progress errormessages that call it from a multi threaded process is not possible. Also, much controls use reflection and/or generics. This is not something Progress is good in (not supported that is). [/quote] You will need to write a custom DLL that will act as intermediary between Progress ABL and CEFSharp. This DLL will listen to CEFSharp, then it should use Invoke to fire an event that the ABL code is subscribe to.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.