[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: Issues with PAS and network connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

Have you tried hosting PASOE on Windows for comparison? We have been running PASOE 11.7.5 on Windows Server for quite a while and don't have these types of errors. Or rather, after we turn off DEP and antivirus we don't have them. I'm a bit confused by the environment. Are you saying that PASOE and your OE database are hosted remotely from each other? That would surprise me. But I could understand if your PASOE *clients* (APSV, SOAP and other transports) may be remote since they are all connecting over standard HTTP to tomcat. ... based on my experience you will have lots of trouble if the PASOE instance is not in the same datacenter as the OE database. The "client/server" protocol for interacting with the OE database is not a great fit for connectivity over a WAN. I can certainly see why this would be problematic. However I cannot understand why classic appserver would have been any different than PASOE where this client/server connectivity is concerned. I would be very interested to hear the solution. We also use PASOE in a WAN environment but perhaps not the same way you do.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.