[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: How to - AI recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goo

First I have to do this: But I have a windows platform, so touch is not possible. I also get a SYSTEM ERROR .....a1 is too small 0, blocksize 8192 extend failed. How can I build a dummy-file that will be ok? ********************************* A. Recovering from loss of all or some AI files that include the current BUSY AI extent to keep production online until downtime can be scheduled: OPTION 1: Disable After-Imaging online (Starting point after the AI files have been removed eg: rm dbname.a*) 1. Replace ALL ai files with the same permissions as the Control Area dbname.db file after reviewing "prostrct list dbname dbname.st" to count current ai files in control area: $ touch dbname.a1 $ touch dbname.a2 $ touch dbname.a3 2. Disable After-Imaging online $ rfutil dbname -C aimage aioff At this point, AI is disabled against the database (and AIMGT and Replication if enabled), new connections can now be made to the database without error, production continues. But the database still has dummy ai files in its Control Area structure which needs to be corrected at the next opportunity to shut the database down. $ proshut dbname -by -shutdownTimeout immed ************************************

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.