[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: RE: All Webspeed agents busy Alert monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Koufalis

Hi Adrian, ProTop can generate alerts on a few hundred different metrics on pretty much everything in and around your OE environment, and we're constantly adding more. The other cool thing about ProTop is that you can set sensitivities and nag levels, so you can configure things like "only alert me if such-and-such happens 3-out-of-5 samples, and only bug me about it once an hour". You can also tweak severity levels, for example a yellow alert if a threshold is breached once, an orange alert if it's breached 2:3 and a red alert if a metric state persists for say 3:3 samples. For AppServer and Webspeed alerts based on a number of criteria: 1. Agent status: Available, busy, locked, sending, etc... 2. Agent "stuck": defined as an agent whose "last change" has not changed in x minutes 3. Number of agents in Use and agents in use as a percentage of maxAgent 4. Number of connected clients and percentage of maxClient 5. Max and Current Queue length 6. Max and average request wait 7. Max and average request duration Ping me offline if you want to know more.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.