[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: PASOE "modules" and related compilation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I am unable to find much documentation in the way of PASOE "modules". When I create a PASOE project I get a new option in my project management properties. It allows me to manage "modules". See highlight below. This seems to refer to a subset of the project that contains ABL source code. There is also a readme that is created within a new PASOE project: Folder structure of this project: /Source - Hosts the ABL code. The ABL code in this folder has the potential to be deployed to the publish folder of ABL application in the PAS for OpenEdge server. This ABL code is for common business logic and will be shared by all the ABL Services deployed on the same ABL application. ... I'm not certain exactly how the "modules" should be treated insofar as compilation and deployment are concerned. There aren't a lot of docs about how to compile and deploy them. Here is one of the few: OpenEdge 11.6 Service Pack Documentation It describes the use of PDSOE for managing the modules. But lets say I want to automate the deployment of the module, what is the procedure for that? All I can find is a PDF: http://pugchallenge.org/downloads2019/516_BeyondTheCode.pdf It isn't totally self-explanatory. My impression is that I need to compile the "module" and deploy it somewhere on the PASOE server and add it into the PROPATH of the relevant ABL application. Is that right? By poking around the project, I've found a ".settings" folder and a metadata file of some kind - "pasoe.appserver.settings.xml". I'm assuming that before a deployment I would need to compile the ABL "resources" identified by /module-content/module/resource[@path] While I'm compiling, I'm assuming I also need to change my working directory so that all the code is relative to that path. Otherwise I get errors when I'm compiling classes. Does this make sense? Can anyone describe their strategy for automatically building and deploying their "modules"? I had a strategy at one point but it isn't working well now that I'm being forced to COMPILE code with the SAVE INTO option. If I'm on the right track, I would expect to see google hits for the file, "pasoe.appserver.settings.xml". But there are none.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.