[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: PAS deployment of a new ABL application in the same tomcat instance

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbeavon

I'm having trouble figuring out how to get a new ABL application running in the same instance of tomcat. This question has come up a couple times, base on what I can tell community.progress.com/.../21847 OEPAS deployment - Forum - OpenEdge Deployment - Progress Community There is even a brief KB: Progress KB - How to create multiple ABL applications in one single PASOE instance. However I'm not having much luck (windows, oe 11.6.3). Here is what I see when I run the command on my tomcat instance "oepas5": proenv>C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas5\bin\tcman deploy %DLC%/servers/pasoe/extras/oeabl.war another verbose: checking for tailoring script in C:\Progress\OpenEdge\servers\pasoe\extras\oeabl.war verbose: execution complete Instance target directory already exists - C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oepas5\webapps/oeabl Moreover, nothing was added or updated in the "openedge.properties" file. I am quite convinced that we need a longer KB to understand this process of adding a new ABL application to an existing tomcat instance. For one thing, the "tcman deploy" doesn't seem to be intended for "ABL applications" but for "ABL webapps". If I run "tcman help deploy" then the syntax that is returned doesn't even appear to allow for the deploy command to be used in the way that is suggested by the KB: usage: tcman deploy [options] -u [-a ] general options: -u uid:pwd pass uid and pwd for HTTP BASIC authentication -v print verbose output -M url override the CATALINA_BASE manager's URL with : / -B override CATALINA_BASE environment setting note: incompatible with -I option -I manage instance by its alias name note: use the alias 'home' for the home server note: incompatible with -B option note: alias names may not include the characters: []\/.,*$#?+={}"'` -n debug run action but do not execute changes Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm guessing that there are individuals out there who are getting this to work, and I am doing something unusual.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.