[Progress Communities] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Forum Post: ADO connection to Progress OpenEdge database in Visual Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stephanies

(I am a rank noob working with OpenEdge. So if I ask something dumb, please correct me. [:D]) I am working on determining how to connect to an existing OpenEdge database that is used with my company's application. I am working on options for connection to the database outside of our standard development environment for the purpose of testing. So I want to start with creating a basic connection using ODBC in ADO. Using articles I found in the knowledge base, I have a class that looks like: using ADODB; using System.Data.Odbc; namespace VSIAutomationDataManager { public class DataTools { private string connectionString() { string myString = "DRIVER=Progress OpenEdge 11.7 Driver;HOST=QA2-W2012R2-TC;PORT=4003;DB=RecTrac;UID=zzz@VSI;PWD=password;DIL=Read Uncommitted"; //string connString = "DRIVER=Progress OpenEdge 10.2B Driver;HOST=localhost;PORT=9999;DB=sports2000;UID=pub;PWD=pub;DIL=Read Uncommitted". return myString; } public void MakeConnection() { OdbcConnection cn = new System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection(connectionString()); cn.Open(); } } } I receive the error "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" when executing the cn.Open(); command from my unit test that exercises this poor, boring class. I am attempting to do a DSN-less connection. Any words of wisdom as to what I might be doing wrong, please? Thanks! Stephanie

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.