Question Progress BPMServer / Execute OS-COMMAND on client

Haso KEric

We use an ERP called Epicor and i think it has something called a BPMServer where it processes the ABL Code (server-side).

I am trying to use the OS-COMMAND function.

OS-COMMAND NO-WAIT "calc.exe".
But since our ERP called Epicor runs i think these BPMs on server-side the calculator actually opens up on the Server and not on the Client.

However, when you call one of their library functions, the MessageBox is displayed on the Client and not on the server.
{lib/PublishEx.i &ExType = {&MESSAGE_ERR} & ExMsg = "Hello World"}.
But when you call MESSAGE "Press OK to stop the music" VIEW-AS ALERT-BOX. that actually shows up no where.

Does anyone have any experience with this - how to make something forcefully run on the Client (the persons computer running the process)

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I'm not familiar with Epicor, but it's clear they must be doing something clever with the messaging in PublishEx.i to make it display on the client. One thought would be, can you use publish and subscribe? So you would publish an event on the server that the client subscribes to and then runs the calc.exe command there. Or if you have a handle to the client calling procedure on the server side code you could run a procedure in this handle to invoke the calc.
Hope that makes sense. If not then shout.