Progress 12.2 Services and Explorer

LBaliao

Hello.

I am using Progress 12.2. If someone can share knowledge and answers about the following, I would really appreciate it. I am struggling to get going with Progress 12.2 from 11.3.

1. In Services, "Progress OpenEdge AdminServer Service 12.2 (64-bit)" is running but "Progress OpenEdge Management Service 12.2" is not. Should be services be running? When I tried to start "Progress OpenEdge Management Service 12.2", I get an "Access Denied" message.

2. I have updated my Progress 12.2 conmgr.properties to append database information. However, I am not able to open OE Explorer. Can you please share where and what should I be looking for to ensure I've installed Progress 12.2 correctly?

Thanks,
Liza

Stefan

The OpenEdge Management Service provides the OpenEdge Explorer, ie the web based management service that you can normally reach at localhost:9090.

While I have never had issues with the default 12.2 install, this knowledge base article does explain potential issues with the user account used to start the service: Progress Customer Community

LBaliao

Thank you so much. You and the article included were very helpful. Changing the "Log On" user option fixed the problem.

Liza

mnebrat

Hi ,
OpenEdge Management shows that admin server if offline
1677019846539.png
But in services it looks like Admin Server is up . The only thing is name is different. "desktop-44r6inl" is the name of my PC.
Any idea how resolve this?
1677019935178.png

LBaliao

Look for another post of mine. The tip I received is worth trying to see if it solves the problem.
Title: "Progress 12.2 Databases in Explorer".

In addition, it's worth checking if the Windows version of your machine is compatible with Progress 12. I found out that mine wasn't when I was having this issue.