Resolved Progress 10.2B07 vs 10.1C

larry white

I have upgraded from progress 10.1C to 10.2b07. In 10.1C, the following command worked...ASSIGN lv-cost = string(integer(chtemp:VALUE())).

lv-cost is defined as a character.

The spreadsheet would read the numeric value and convert it to a string, for comparisons. As I stated, in 10.1C, it worked fine. In 10.2B07, the same command is returning a numeric value instead of the string. In example, 10.1C would return the string 4002 while 1o.2B07 is returning the numeric 4002.0000000000. For some reason, in 10.2B07, the string formula is not returning a string value. Any thoughts? thanks

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
You could always add a format to the string() function... so string(integer(chtemp:VALUE()),">>>>>>>9") for example.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
...while 1o.2B07 is returning the numeric 4002.0000000000. For some reason, in 10.2B07, the string formula is not returning a string value.

Your code is: char = string(integer).

String returns a character. If it didn't, your code wouldn't compile as you'd have a type mismatch in the assign statement.

How do you determine that "the string formula is not returning a string value"?

larry white

This issue is closed. Thanks for replying.

In the program, there were two sections that used the "ASSIGN lv-cost = string:)VALUE()))" function. The first section had "ASSIGN lv-cost = string(chtemp:VALUE()))." while the other section had "ASSIGN lv-cost = string(integer(chtemp:VALUE()))." When I added "Integer" to first section, the messages disappeared. Again, thanks for your help.