Product line change

subhendra

Hi all,

Due to business requirement, I need to change the product line in QAD database. This change will include changing old product line code to new product line code and/or changes in new product line code.

Normal way is to delete/cancel/close the existing open orders (PO/SO/WO) and re-create the new one. But this is a big task as number of SO to delete is huge around 1500 to 2000 record lines.

Would like to know is there another easier way to do the changes? What else needs to be changed/remember when product line code is changed?

Thanks for reply.

Regards,
Subhendra.

Friend you are better off looking at alternatives. Cause product line codes flows into most of the Manufacturing & Distribution tables. Not to mention History. I suggest use new codes with identifier for old codes.

subhendra

Hi,

Sure, I know product line code runs into lots of module and tables but it's a company policy decision where we don't have any say. Secondly, we want to have global product line codes which can help us when we move to SAP.

So to start on we want to have same product line codes for all the sites in Germany, China, Japan and US. We don't want to delete existing product line codes but want to include new codes for all open order.

I would like to know if there any simple way?

Subhendra.

Well the you need to setup new product line code, update Item Master, Run CIM for PO/SO/WO. You need to check if any other maintenance screen is used that has Product Line Codes.

modig

Well the you need to setup new product line code, update Item Master, Run CIM for PO/SO/WO. You need to check if any other maintenance screen is used that has Product Line Codes.

I am fully agreed with Kishor Chari only CIM will help you in time saving with high confidence on data.

modig