probkup

mpich

I am trying to do an online probkup and it asks me for another device/filename about half way through?? tha backup needed 3.9 gig and I have well over 6 gig available on the drive I specified.

Is there a way to use -com with an online backup? If so what should the command look like

Thanks in advance

Mark

cecsno

mpich said:
I am trying to do an online probkup and it asks me for another device/filename about half way through?? tha backup needed 3.9 gig and I have well over 6 gig available on the drive I specified.

Is there a way to use -com with an online backup? If so what should the command look like

Thanks in advance

Mark
You didn't mention the version, but it looks like you need multiple volumns for a 3.9 GB backup (2GB limit). So you will need to provide another volumn name to finish the backup.

probkup online dbname /diskname/dbname.bk1 -com

when it asks for another volume name enter "/diskname/dbname.bk2" or
probkup online dbname /diskname/dbname.bk1 -com < response.fil

where response.fil is a list of additional volumes

/diskname/dbname.bk2
/diskname/dbname.bk3
/diskname/dbname.bk4

At 3.9 GB yours would only use volumes bk1 and bk2, as soon as it goes over 4GB, it will use bk3.

mpich

Thanks

Version is 9.1b17 sorry about that. Ok now if I have multiple files and I want to restore this data over a test database with prorest what would my command be? Very new to this as I inherited it.

Thanks again

Mark

cecsno

mpich said:
Thanks

Version is 9.1b17 sorry about that. Ok now if I have multiple files and I want to restore this data over a test database with prorest what would my command be? Very new to this as I inherited it.

Thanks again

Mark
prorest dbname /diskname/dbname.bk1

enter the next volume when asked.

dbname is the target db not necessarily the backed up db

ovf

In the restore case:

You need to know if this database allready exist if it does you need to have an response file like:

where response.fil is a list of additional volumes
Y
/diskname/dbname.bk2
/diskname/dbname.bk3
/diskname/dbname.bk4

An the command would be:
prorest Testdbname /diskname/dbname.bk1 < response.fil

Ole