probkup online problem

willy81

Hi,
I'm Willy, I'm new in database administration using proggress.
I try to backup my database (sized 20 gb, I use this db to store image data) using this crontab command:

00 20 * * * /usr/dlc/bin/probkup online /disk3/db/holdimage-sewa/holdimage3 /backup-on-ym170/All/Backup-DB/Server-10/sl/holdimage3.bck-1 -verbose < /disk2/backup/list-holdimage3-sl.bck

But it didn't work (the backup didn't complete).
I check the db .lg file and there is statment like this :

20:00:01 BACKUP 5: Begin backup of Before Image file(s). (5459)
20:01:41 BACKUP 5: End backup of Before Image file(s). (5460)
20:01:41 BACKUP 5: Begin backup of Data file(s). (5461)
20:15:11 BACKUP 5: End backup of Data file(s). (5462)
20:15:11 BACKUP 5: Backup cancelled. (1551)

I try the next day using the same command, but it still didn't work (the backup not completed),
again I check the db .lg file , ad there is different statement like this :

20:00:00 BACKUP 5: SYSTEM ERROR: Error writing backup header (1056)
20:00:00 BACKUP 5: Backup terminated due to errors. (1617)

what should I do to fix this problem?

Did you run out of disk space? What is " < /disk2/backup/list-holdimage3-sl.bck"? You don't specify a volumn size (-vs) so you don't need a backup file list. If it's where you want the -verbose messages displayed in /disk2/backup/list-holdimage3-sl.bck the < should be > .

cj_brandt

Try running the commands manually until you know they work - then put it into cron. Looks like you have gone a couple days now without a backup. Do you have AI enabled ? I would work on this until I had a successful backup.

It looks like Cecil hit it - you probably forgot the -vs parameter and your first extent hit a 2gb limit. If so after you get a successful backup, look into proutil -C enablelargefiles