Pro 2 sql

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennid

I posted this recently in the SQL forum and did not see any responses. Thought I'd cross post to development in case some of you on that forum have any thoughts. Thanks.

Hello All-Our ERP system is SX.enterprise, version 6.0.060, running Progress version 10.2B04. We are in the process of designing a data warehouse and are investigating options for syncing the data in the Progress SX.enterprise database with the data warehouse SQL database. We came up with a high level design for creating this functionality in-house using database triggers to write the changes in the Progress database out to a queue that would be used to update the SQL database. We are now checking into out of the box applications that do this so we can determine if we can buy something cheaper than developing it ourselves (we have a bit of a resource shortage right now). We are looking at a solution offered by Bravepoint called PRO2SQL:

http://www.bravepoint.com/products-p...on-suite.shtml

Have any of you used this product? I'd be interested in hearing your expereinces....good or bad. I would also like to know if there are similiar products you've used and how you liked them.

Thanks.​

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Please don't cross post. I have moved your original post and merged with the remains of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.