press a button very fast

- Progress 9.1E, Windows XP
For my application it is necessary that I can press a button very fast (with a touch screen panel).
At the moment I use a ‘button’ .
But when I press down the button again very fast, for example I press it five times, I have the problem that the button gets this event only three times (I logged this).

Please can you help me or do you have an idea how I can change this behavior?
Or can I use another thing instead of ‘button’?
Best regards

Matthias

sunilnair

What event of the button are you using ?

It might also be that this is not a Progress issue and it is just a matter of the time lag between the touch screen response and you next press.

Have you tried doing the same thing with a mouse and clicking on the button. Does that also give you a mismatch in the number of events logged and occurred?

-Sunil.

Hello,
I use the 'choose' event.
And when I try it with the mouse I also have a mismatch in the number of events logged and occurred.
But today I noticed:
When I use the option 'flat' = YES on my button it works well ...?!?!?...
I don't understand it and it's not the best solution, so if you have another idea I would be very tankful.
Best regards
Matthias

What event of the button are you using ?

It might also be that this is not a Progress issue and it is just a matter of the time lag between the touch screen response and you next press.

Have you tried doing the same thing with a mouse and clicking on the button. Does that also give you a mismatch in the number of events logged and occurred?

-Sunil.

4GLNewbie

It may be if the button is not in flat mode, a minimum time between the pressed-state and the now-i-am-avaiable-for-next-pression of the button has to expire.
While the state is still in "pressed", cant change to "avaiable".

I dont know the exact terms to use, but i hope you understood what i mean.

I suggest to try search help about the button-appearance setting issues.

Hello and thanks,

with the flat mode it works now.
Thanks
Matthias

It may be if the button is not in flat mode, a minimum time between the pressed-state and the now-i-am-avaiable-for-next-pression of the button has to expire.
While the state is still in "pressed", cant change to "avaiable".

I dont know the exact terms to use, but i hope you understood what i mean.

I suggest to try search help about the button-appearance setting issues.