Preparing for My First Webinar: SparkSQL, Hadoop and Star Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Idaliz Baez

Idaliz-Baez-web-150x150.jpg

Idaliz Baez, Sales Engineer, Progress DataDirect

Learn how DataDirect SparkSQL driver helps you connect to Spark SQL and access data on Hadoop faster.

Wednesday May 13 at 2 pm ET, Progress is hosting a webinar to talk about how our Progress® DataDirect® SparkSQL driver can help you connect to Spark SQL and access data on Hadoop faster. The webinar will start off with an overview of Big Data trends and technologies and answer the pivotal question, “Why Spark SQL?” To conclude the webinar, I get the privilege of presenting a demo on how our driver works with Spark SQL to query data out of Hadoop to do analytics.

When I first sat down to prepare for my first big webinar, I thought to myself, “What data set do I want to present?” I scoured the Internet looking for fun, interesting, unique data sets that I thought people would enjoy. Finally, my eyes landed on a folder labeled, “Star Wars—survey.” I was hooked. Being such a huge Star Wars fan myself, I decided to look no further. I spent a couple of days playing around with the Star Wars survey data, finding answers

Join us for the next Progress DataDirect webinar

to questions like:

• “Who is the most liked villain?”
  • “Which movie out of the franchise is considered to be the best film out of the series?”
  • “Can you be both a Star Wars and a Star Trek fan?”
  • And finally, the classically debated question of, “Which character shot first?”

Join me this Wednesday as I journey through the vast Star Wars universe in search of answers to these questions and more by utilizing the powerful connections of DataDirect to Spark SQL. I will show you just how easy it is to connect Spark with DataDirect in order to accomplish these data analytics. I am excited for you to join ‘forces’ with us and discover the power of DataDirect tools during my first webinar.

Author information

Idaliz-Baez-web.jpg
Idaliz Baez

Sales Engineer, Progress DataDirect at Progress DataDirect

Idaliz is a Sales Engineer with Progress Software. After receiving her undergraduate degree from Duke University in Civil and Environmental Engineering, Idaliz Baez spent a year at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. Outside of the office, Idaliz can be found playing with her Australian Cattle dog or nerding out over video and board games.

|

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.