Persistent Program Error 3135 & 3140

pokeydillard

I've got a program that is being run persistently from another program. The persisitent program has two states (inquire and update). I can switch between the states without any problems...however, if I select any of the fields in the "update" state I get two errors:
1. Invalid widget-handle. Not initialized or points to a deleted widget. (3135)

2. Cannot access the PRIVATE-DATA attribute because the widget does not exist. (3140)

The strange thing is that after I click through these two errors the program will allow me to modify that field and even save the data that I have changed.

Please help!

Matt Dillard
Programmer/Analyst
Software Systems, Inc.

pokeydillard

New developments in program

Sorry to post a reply to my own question. But, it is really just an addendum. I was testing to see if the handle was the same on entry to the field (it was) and the error doesn't occur. If I put only a pause in an entry trigger can get through the entry with out getting any errors.

Please help.

Matt Dillard
Programmer/Analyst
Software Systems, Inc.

Problem is, Matt, none of us are mind readers. You mention that you have a persistent procedure but you don't say what's in it or what it does.

>I was testing to see if the handle was the same on entry to the field...
What handle? What field?

>however, if I select any of the fields in the "update" state...
What fields? What does 'select' mean?

pokeydillard

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you'd need to have an intimate knowledge of what the program did to help with this kind of error.

The program is using a a tree to break a group of employee maintenance programs into parts. When you select/choose an item in the tree it brings up a different screen of data. By choosing the "change" button at the bottom it changes the current screen of data to update status. This is all done fine.

Upon entry into any of the updateable fields I recieve the errors. (3135 & 3140)

If you'd like to see a screen shot I can email you one, but I don't have access to the webserver to post a link to the image.