Parse into Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim S.

I have a file (text or csv) that I generate that has a list of part numbers. I need to take this list, and download some spec sheets for these parts automatically and then print. Once on the website, I need to input the part number, then print the results. What's the best way to do this?

Okay everyone, here's what I was doing before, but it would take over an hour to process on a progress 4gl (version 9.1) database into a QAD environment v8.6e on a Unix Red-Hat server:

FNAME=`date +%y%m%d%H%M%S`

echo requiredmcpartno=$1 | lynx -accept_all_cookies -nolist -dump -post_data 75.144.##.###/specdata/specdata.asp 2>&1 | tee $FNAME | lp -d$2 >>/apps/proedi/####/ftp/log/brownart.log

grep "Unit of Issue" $FNAME | cut --delimiter=: --fields=2 | awk '{print $1}'

grep -q "PACKAGING SPEC IS OBSOLETE FOR THIS PART NUMBER" "$FNAME"
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo 0
echo nopic
exit
fi

cd /apps/proedi/####/ftp/ftpscripts
rm -fr 184.168.##.###/ 75.144.##.###/ www.google-analytics.com/ 2>&1 >>/apps/proedi/####/ftp/log/brownart.log
wget -p -m -k -K -E -H --cookies=on --post-data="requiredmcpartno=$1" 75.144.##.###/specdata/specdata.asp >/dev/null 2>&1

/apps/proedi/####/ftp/ftpscripts/printspec.sh $1 $2 >>/tmp/printspec.log 2>&1

cat /apps/proedi/####/ftp/ftpscripts/"$1".pt
rm -f /apps/proedi/####/ftp/ftpscripts/"$1".pt

>>/apps/proedi/####/ftp/log/brownart.log
rm $FNAME 2>&1 >>/apps/proedi/ford/ftp/log/brownart.log

Then printspec.sh script: file=184.168.70.174/partandpackagingphotos/PhotoDetailsSpecdata.aspx\?p\=$1.html

if [ ! -f "$file" ]; then
echo nopic >/apps/proedi/ford/ftp/ftpscripts/"$1".pt
exit
fi

grep -q "No Pictures Available for this Part Number" "$file"
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
echo nopic >/apps/proedi/ford/ftp/ftpscripts/"$1".pt
exit
fi

html2ps -i .7 184.168.70.174/partandpackagingphotos/PhotoDetailsSpecdata.aspx\?p\=$1.html | lp d$2 -s

echo picfnd >/apps/proedi/ford/ftp/ftpscripts/"$1".pt

The wget command takes way to long to process in Unix. Our customer may send us a conveyance file with 150-200 parts 8-9 times a day, and we need to download all of the pictures associated with each part every time we receive parts.
I was thinking of just making a flat file(text or csv), then have the user run a batch file on their windows computer to connect to the unix server, and download the file to their computer. After this, then have either the same batch job, or an excel template or something on the windows side download the pictures and print the spec sheets to their default printer.

Sorry for not posting all of this initially.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.