ODBC Not Installed

Dear Friends,

I am at wits end...while I installed Open Edge 102b on Windows server with "Complete" option, I dont see Data Direct installed in ODBC option. I ran the same on Win 7 pc and ODBC entry was created..whats happening? please help.

TIA.

Kishor.

Stefan

You do not mention the bit version of OpenEdge. I am going to assume you installed a 32 bit version, in which case you need to use the 32 bit ODBC administrator. Its odbcad32.exe in the syswow64 folder.

Thanks.

I could download only 32bit OPenEdge. Anyways I got this from knowledgebase and created seperate icon and got my job done.
Second option is to get 64bit ODBC from Progress ESD.

Thanks for your response.

Stefan

I could download only 32bit OPenEdge.

What you can download depends on the license you have purchased.

Anyways I got this from knowledgebase and created seperate icon and got my job done.
Second option is to get 64bit ODBC from Progress ESD.
The second option may, depending on what you need the ODBC driver for, be the only option. A 64-bit install of SQL Server for example can only use 64-bit ODBC drivers for linked servers.

LarryD

It's been my experience in the past that OpenEdge "Complete" install does not necessarily install everything that is available based on the license(s), and you need to use custom and drill down into each of the products to insure that everything you want installed actually is checked to install.