ODBC Drivers for Access DB

gpsteve

Is there an ODBC driver that will allow me to connect Access directly to a progress DB? Can anyone tell me my options? I'm on NT with progress 8.3b. (MFGPRO)

Joe ASP 4.0

Progrees and ODBC = NO answers!

Good luck. Seems Progress doesn't believe in standards. It likes to stick to Proprietary things, make you buy an application server to connect to Progress (which of course only works for Progress)

IF you had a true ODBC, JDBC compliant database like Oracle, SQL 7/2000, DB2, Informix etc you'd simply create a dsn connection in the odbc section of the control panel in windows, define your connection and your done.

More info and lots of robust applications, DOCUMENTATION, DOCUMENTATION, etc.

http://www.aspin.com

Oh Progress has finally waken up to the reality of ODBC and JDBC with version 9.1 And OH gosh Dynamic Queries wow. About time. a little late.

With 8.3 your stuck with webspeed. (only works for Progress) or to pay a consultant (The progress way) or try the expensive Merant drivers and hope they work.

Good luck getting any feedback related to ODBC or JDBC from PRogress people. Good luck finding one single book on progress, database connectivity and the web.

Web developers stay away from Progress, unless your shop has 9.1 and hope 9.1 works with your dsn or dsnless connections.