Need to Suppress all Progress Messages

walkeryan

I'm creating a Task Scheduler to use with our progress .p's and I'm using the RUN VALUE(SchTask.RunStatement). and if the .p was changed or "broken" and is returning an error, it stops the task scheduler all together, I've managed to keep it running with a :
DOLOOP:
DO ON STOP UNDO, LEAVE DOLOOP:

But its still producing the error from the other procedure. Of course the NO-ERROR option wouldn't work :( I'm now down to trying OCX'x that suppress messages but they have only worked on Windows messages not progress. This will be running persistanly on an administrator account which isn't manned by anyone so I can't have it returning any messages. I know this has to be a common problem but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Thanks in advance.

walkeryan

Even if It finds the .p that dosn't mean that it will run correctly. Say I run GenRates.p and inside that GenRates.p it runs another RateLookup.p that got deleted. This would compile correctly but will error at runtime. I know his isn't my problem, its the GenRates.p problem but if this does happen it stops all my processing on the Scheduler and wait for someone to click "OK" on the message box.

FrancoisL

It time like these you wish Progress had try and catch hehe.

but if you want to run your program in batch without any output to screen just do a OUTPUT TO xx.log. at the start of your program . It will send all your screen output to the file.

ex:

Code:
OUTPUT TO yourlog.log.

RUN YourProc.p 

OUTPUT CLOSE.

walkeryan

Thanks so much, Man I should have figured that out. I haven't done much on INPUT OUTPUT's but that worked great thanks again.

kolonuk

you could even then mail the admin/yourself the log to see what failed... we have been doing that with unix progress for a while now, as we have a nightly stats build etc. for reporting...