Need help on Access

infomercialscam

I need some help to define a format for my Order Number field in the table.

I have few site names and they all have unique names. Now i like my order numbers to start with the first 3 letter of each site name and i like to be able to select them!

How is this possible? Can anyone help?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
This would be creating a composite field. That is a major design error.

Use two distinct fields instead.

I need some help to define a format for my Order Number field in the table.

I have few site names and they all have unique names. Now i like my order numbers to start with the first 3 letter of each site name and i like to be able to select them!

How is this possible? Can anyone help?

ttpicasso

You can create a new field concatenating the required values using MID for the sitename prefix =MID([sitename],1,3) + [ordernumber]

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
If one is removing the link and the link and name demonstrate that it is spam, why not remove the whole post so that we don't get distracted by thinking it is a real thread we need to look at?

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, my fault. I thought it was doubtful wether or not it was a spamer.
So I removed the link.

Casper.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Well, I was always told to never judge someone by its name and btw ignorance is bliss :awink:

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I guess I would say, if the post contains a spam link, then the post is spam, even if it might have some seemingly relevant content. If you want to be polite, you can e-mail the poster, assuming they have provided an e-mail address, and them them what and why they have done so.

Here, though, you have not only the spam link ... which apparently was clearly enough spam to justify removal ... plus a subject line that seems to be about a Microsoft product plus a very suggestive name.