Label Printing

sharikaganju

Hi,

We are tying to print labels from QAD. We are currently using Pre-Shipper/Shippers. Has anyone worked on integrating Label printing with QAD (UCC 128 labels). Any third part software that is suggested ? We have evaluated Label Matrix, Bar Tender and Label Wizard. But till we package the items we dont know how many items would be in a box. At times there are 1 item 1 box. We are not using Containerization that much in Pre-Shipper/Shipper dont know if that is the problem. And that is how we can tie them up.

Please let me know how this could be solved or what would be the process to follow.

Thanks in advance.

Use Loftware, create a small interface in MFG/PRO accepting input for the label, simply send the output to the label printer. You need to design the label .

Very easy and cost effective.

Rrao

We have a Zebra GK420D Label printer and our MFG/PRO is on unix system. I need to know what control codes that i will have to specify for the printer in 36.13.2.

Can someone who has done this before please let me know

You need to create zpl file and send it to printer.
Steps:
a) Design Label and create the zpl
b) From progress use put control for control chars and var to show data
c) Send the file to printer
Refer to printer manual if at all reset is reqd. Enter those keys in 36.13.2

alanwyx

I am using the bartender to print all barcode label. It works well. All the label data is captured from QAD , I use "commander" to read these label information and send it the barcode printer.