Keyboard DELETE key

j.arend

We are developing in V9.1A. When some, NOT ALL, developers in our team, are editing code in the Section Editor the DELETE key doesn't function properly. In fact, it doesn't work at all??!! Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
PS. All client developers are using the same .pf and .ini files which are stored on a seperate server.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
What enviroment are you developing in? Which OS? Can you think of anything that may be different between the machines where the delete key works verus the ones that don't?

-Chris

j.arend

OS = Win NT 4
Besides some possible differences in harddisk size and internal memory size, all client PC's can be seen as equal, the same.

Chris Kelleher

Administrator
Staff member
First, I would try applying the latest 9.1A24 patch from here: http://www.progress.com/patches/patchlst/91A05-146v.htm It doesn't meantion your problem, but sometimes things that aren't reported get fixed :)

Also, on a machine where the DELETE key works, there should be a subdirectory called "proedit" in the user's current working directory (usually \progress\wrk by default). There should be 3 or more files in there called p4gl.als, vslick.sta and vusrs40b.e. I would try copying them from a working machine to one that doesn't to see if that solves the problem.

-Chris

j.arend

All developers in our team start in the same working directory. Thus, I suppose all make use of the same files in the same PROEDIT directory...?