Keeping the brain together

gander

I have a real problem with the brain. I lost my job a few months ago and, in the current climate, it's proving hard to get another very quickly.

I need to keep my brain active if I'm going to start working again, and would like to play around with some application writing just for the mental exercise. Trouble is I don't have a copy of any version of Progress on my machine. I have asked around but can find no help in this. I have been using Progresss for 15 years and don't want to have to abandon it. Anyone know where I could get hold of an old "used" copy- some old V8 or other to run under Windows?

Obviously I'm not in the market to buy a new V9 license from PSC much though I would like to.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Liazor

You can try kazaa

Hi

I have the latesd version of Progress, but I can't give you that becauce i've sighned a contract at school to not to share it with onthers.

But i think you could get a free copy at www.downloads.com
or you can try kazaa (www.kazaa.com).

Anyway I hope that you can find a copy and don't lose the brain.

www.liazor.tk

jkrendal

This is one of the many reason why Progress is falling behind in terms of exposure. Lousy marketing and no supportive limited applications for developers. Wish I could help but our ver8 version is identified by registration numbers. Progress really needs a limited user 2 connections or less, free development version of progress available.

MS has one, IBM has em, Progress?