Junior Programmers

phampton

Recently learned progress. Working on a simple database application with an GUI interface in my spare time for my brother's business. What does the job market look like right now for junior programmers?

Any websites? Companies?

bendaluz2

The Progress market is appalling at the moment, but should (I hope) pick up after the new year. Good Luck, you're gonna need it in the present climate

Crittar

Bendaluz,

Do you know if the depression in the market is worldwide? I note that phampton is in Toronto. It may be that there are more jobs in Canada than England.

(Thinks, perhaps emigration is an option?)

:)

warba

You may want to try this Toronto company that specialized in Progress placements.

http://www.cssint.com/

I don't have personal experience with them so can't vouch for how successful they are, but it is a good place to start for a Canadian Progress position.

The Aussie Progress market is pretty lame at present as well. There's a few things around but nowhere near what would be nice (especially in Sydney)

But that could be because a company which employed 40+ developers went spectacularly bust and the market has never really recovered.

Toby

GOLDMEMBER

Originally posted by toby.Harman
The Aussie Progress market is pretty lame at present as well. There's a few things around but nowhere near what would be nice (especially in Sydney)

But that could be because a company which employed 40+ developers went spectacularly bust and the market has never really recovered.

Toby

Hey man ... I want to visit Australia! Can you get me a project there? :D .... seriously!! What is a good season to see your beautiful country?