i've got a feeling we're being watched

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
i've got a feeling something is being happening lately ...

the recent posts @peg, the complaint squad (imo it's an urban myth), salvadors "i am listening" remark, the gui posts @psdn and a gut feeling i got

made me think that maybe a corner has turned at bedford and they're actually taking an interest in the developers community.

then again maybe it's just wishful thinking, probably.

so any bedford folks here ??

You'll be lucky.

Given that the Peg - which is the most important resource for developers outside of PSDN - rarely rates a visit, I doubt that ProgressTalk with its much lower activity and 'pillars of the community' quotient is likely to provoke a response.

Besides, if anyone from Progress visited this forum, I reckon some of the more patriotic Peggers would switch to Oracle in disgust.:awink:

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
i know, i'm trying to convince myself. but just recently david olson replied to my post. i think, he's heading the gui strategy

http://www.progresstalk.com/showthread.php?t=93192

we do take chris and progresstalk for granted, don't we ? almost every post of ours ends up redirecting to peg

i have to admit for a while i thought progresstalk and usenet were actually doing a mis service, but now i like it more then peg.

but then again it's the people not the place.

chris thanks for everything, this site is amazing!

joey.jeremiah said:
we do take chris and progresstalk for granted, don't we ? almost every post of ours ends up redirecting to peg

i have to admit for a while i thought progresstalk and usenet were actually doing a mis service, but now i like it more then peg.

but then again it's the people not the place.

chris thanks for everything, this site is amazing!
I know exactly what you mean.

The Peg is awesome for its members technical expertise, but this place is just more ... relaxed.

I also was sceptical about ProgressTalk for a couple of years, and Greg's complaint about Chris stealing the Peg's posts was valid, although that part of the site appears to be locked off now.

In the end though, I got so fed up with the one-way vitriol, that I decided I'd give it a chance. It was a great decision - I've improved considerably as a programmer since I started trying to help other users, rather than just reading the answers.

I think it's right to point users to the Peg, when it doesn't look like their answer will be answered here, but I've stopped doing it as a kneejerk response, simply because I wouldn't (as yet) point a Pegger to a post or thread on this site for fear of starting a flame war. Which is kind of sad, and maybe a bit cowardly, I don't know.

btw. Maybe I was being too cynical in my previous post. I do think there has been a little more Progress.com activity on the Peg - let's see how it goes.