Image Resolution

mimi

Hi!

I want to chage the resolution of one image. How can I do?
If somebody know it, please help me.

thank's

storzi

Where do you want to change it?
In a Report or in a .w-file?
Do you want to change the image itself or do you want to change the display in a source-file?

storzi

in progress...
Progress%20Window.jpg

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
can you be more specific about what it is exactly you're trying to achieve ? some people use resolution for other meanings.

if all you want is to stretch or make images smaller in a frame take a look at the stretch-to-fit and retain-shape image widget attributes.

mimi

I' am working in a program to scan images in progress and save its a data base. But the image generated for my program is too big and that`s why I want to change it's resolution.

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
you do realize image formats are extremely complicated and specialized field of expertise, just take a look at the specs. and image compression algortihms like lzw for gifs, jpeg and png are again a very specialized field of expertise.

progress is a business application language and not very suited for these type of operations. for one there are no built in support for anything more then simple arithmetic etc. but why reinvent the wheel ?

shop around for api's or command line tools, maybe try a search for optimize for web that does something similar. i'd also check if the scanner api (probably twain) already has that functionality built in.

good luck, please tell us what solution you came up with.