Hyper Links

Hi,

I need to display a fill in field as hyperlink. On save the field should be displayed as a hyperlink. Is ther anyone who has worked previously on this..? Please help. I am using progress openedge 10.0B

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Not sure I understand what you mean? Is this for a GUI app? Please explain what you want.

Hai,

Its for a GUI Screen. Ther is a fill in field, for which a value is assigned as www.google.com. On leave of this field, I have to disable this field (label:sensitive = false). The value (www.google.com) should appear as a hyperlink. Clicking on that should take to the website. I will be able to bring a website on click. But however, I am not able to make the field as clickable. Loading mouse pointer works only when the field is enabled or sensitive. Moreover I am not able to bring a underline as a link appears.
Hope my above explanation is clear.
Please help.

Cringer

Staff member
Yes that makes more sense. If the fill in is not sensitive then you won't be able to process mouse events. To get the underline, you'll have to define a font set that is the same as the current one but with underline on. then you can use label:font = {font number}. One option would be to have a button under the fill in. When the user has entered the value of the hyperlink yuo actually hide the fill in and unhide the button, and put the entered URL as the button label. Hope that makes sense. It's a fudge but it would work.

The question is rather ambiguous AND lacks clarity.
When U say that U wish to create this hyperlink from the widget value.
Where do U require the destination to output to ???
That is U wish to make the widget become a hyperlink to whatever value is in the widget eg www.progress.com. But where will this link open the destination ????
I will assume U have a browser installed (IE??). You then want IE to open an application instance with the navigation address www.progress.com or whatever was entered??
Please clarify your requirements, so we have a handle on what to do.

Since U have NOT replied with UR CLEAR requirements.
I have a solution from what I can interpret they R.

Simply have UR Window.
Drop a frame on the window, frame web
Drop a fill-in widget - fillUrl frame web
assign a cLocation variable to be fillUrl value
Then for the trigger onClick / entry whatever of the frame web.
Navigate to the fillUrl value.
Simple, without knowing UR requirements !!!!!!!

Cringer

Staff member
Actually the requirements are laid out. Read the later post. And your post comes across as quite obnoxious. Particularly your use of capitals and your impatience.

Fill in for the URL - this is disabled so an on click event doesn't fire. Show the text in blue as a URL that is clickable.

Casper

Staff member
How dumb are U and that is NOT a rhetorical question.

This kind of use of language is quite unappropiate to me. I will delete your original message. Please think before you push the button to post your answer. If you dont want to help then dont react to a question. Just remember we are all people here, there is absolute no need to get rude.

Casper.