HTTP 500 in WebSpeed in PASOE 12.2

Tarby777

Hi all,

Please forgive the lack of detail on this one - just wondering if this tale of woe will jog anyone's memory.

A colleague has ported a bunch of PASOE endpoints from 11.6 (where they lived and played happily) to 12.2.13. One of the endpoints is running WebSpeed with the compatibility handler (same as it was in 11.6). I'm told that a lot of the POSTs in the app that uses this endpoint are generating the HTTP 500 response. Checking the PKB, I see that this sometimes occurs when openedge.net.pl isn't in the propath (it is) and I also see it is sometimes caused by timeouts (not the case here).

I have one very simple scenario where a mouse click in the app invokes a .p in WebSpeed and gets the 500 error. Having added debug to the program, I can see that it has the expected DB connection, it runs like it should and it terminates cleanly. How it manages to generate a 500, I don't know... it doesn't seem to run into any problems.

My colleague wonders if maybe we need some other directory or library in the Propath, which wasn't needed in 11.6. Does this problem ring any bells?

TIA
Tarby

Tarby777

Mystery solved - any of the programs that were returning a 500 were writing something to {&OUT} without setting the content type. Adding output-content-type ("text/plain") before the {OUT} has fixed it. I guess something somewhere got tightened up between 11.6 and 12.2.