HTML Onclick function value to javascript returning values after post

promem_da

Hi,
Am new to Webspeed, need to know using HTML / Javascript how to refresh the page after every submit button.

Means after submit of some input text field,if the input value is valid then only i should show some other input fields with submit and cancel buttons disabling above text field.

Again on submit of above, it should show some other fields?

Thanks...

Last edited:

lee.bourne

Hi,

There are a few issues here:

1. Your function is called submit but the buttons are calling either submitForm or submitsec. Rename the javascript function (don't call it submit that will clash with the default html dom functions)
  2. Why is input field h_llUser hidden, there is no code to set the value of it so it will always remain blank
  3. The function submitForm submits the value for h_hllUser yet it is the field h_UserName that is visible
  4. Is check.html a SpeedScript file? Is this doing something to set the values of the user and name fields?
  5. Why do you have 4 submit buttons? You should only ever have one. I suggest that if you are doing some validation with javascript before submitting then you should change all of them to just 'button' and then when you want to submit call document.forms[0].submit();

I hope this helps. I don't think your questions are really Webspeed related though, you may be better off Googling for some HTML / JavaScript resources to start with.

Regards,

Lee