how to store the all field labels in a temp-table

rzr

what do you mean by storing labels?

DEFINE TEMP-TABLE tt_pj1_Mstr LIKE pj1_Mstr NO-UNDO. This way the temp-table inherits all fields properties from main table.

abhishek.shah

I have employee codes stored in fields a,b,c,d of table prcjt_table. Now i need what employees are stored in which fields of diffrent projects.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like your design needs some thought.

Are you using a specific application such as MfgPro? Or is this an in-house application? You're not giving us a huge amount to go on as we don't understand your question, or the structure of your database. You don't even tell us what version of Progress this is.

abhishek.shah

My apologies. I am on progress 91d and yes it is an inhouse application.
My problem is:
I want to create a dropdown of the employees who are either "Delivery owner","Invoice Owner","Account manager","Primary SalesPerson" of any project. Pls. note all the above are fields pj1_delivery_resp, pj1_invoice_resp, pj1_act_mgr, pj1_sp6 in projectMaster table i.e pj1_mstr which store employee code. Also i need to capture "Sub_account" - e1_sub_act ,"Cost_center" - e1_cc,"Mcase" - e1_mcase of those employees from table e1_mstr (Empoyee Master).

Even if i am able to get the list in temp-table its fine.
The temp-table should contain following fields:
1) tt_class (storing strings - "Delivery owner" or "Invoice Owner" or "Account manager" or "Primary SalesPerson")
2) tt_pj1_code (storing project code)
3) tt_e1_emp_code (storing employee code)
4) tt_e1_sub_act (storing employee Sub Account)
5) tt_e1_cc (storing employee Cost Center)
6) tt_e1_mcase (storing employee MCASE).

What would be an ideal solution? and if there are design issues what I should change?

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Sounds a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

Code:
for each person no-lock,
  first projectmaster no-lock
  where projectmaster.pj1_delivery_resp eq person.person-key:
end.

Do that for each of your fields and create a temp table record.

abhishek.shah

Sounds a bit of a nightmare to be honest.

Code:
for each person no-lock,
  first projectmaster no-lock
  where projectmaster.pj1_delivery_resp eq person.person-key:
end.

Do that for each of your fields and create a temp table record.

Does it suggests that i have to write different loops for each of my fields? Coz' right now my live environment is working on similar code.
Actually wanted to avoid it. And since there is redundancy in processing and the employee master table has huge records its taking a lot of processing time to load the form.
I want to optimse the performance.

rzr

I want to create a dropdown of the employees who are either "Delivery owner","Invoice Owner","Account manager","Primary SalesPerson" of any project. Pls. note all the above are fields pj1_delivery_resp, pj1_invoice_resp, pj1_act_mgr, pj1_sp6 in projectMaster table i.e pj1_mstr which store employee code.

from what ever little i could gather ...

Code:
[FONT=courier new]FOR EACH Employee NO-LOCK
   WHERE /* filter only active emp */ ,

EACH pj1_Mstr Of Employee NO-LOCK /* if this is possible*/
   WHERE /* filter for records you want in your temp-table*/ :

CREATE Some_TempTable.

END.
[/FONT]