How to resolve the child processes exit

stpra

I have a monitoring progress programs which runs in an infinite loop(Process A) in the background. This program checks for records matching pre-determined criteria and if found, forks another process B (a background progress session) .

Thus spawned progress session is a child process of the Process A (monitor program). I would like to know, in multi-tasking environment how can I return back the signal from the child process to the parent process.

I'm not using the bpro or mbpro commands for invoking the child process, instead I'm using "_progres -1". This runs fine but only sequentially. The monitoring program will not execute the next statement, unless the child process is completed.

Now I could use the NO-WAIT statement in the OS-COMMAND while invoking the child process, to make it a multi-threaded call. But the problem is how can control the child processes returns to the Parent. With the experience I've had, this is important on UNIX systems as UNIX will crap out, if orphan child or Zombie processes are not handled.

I appreciate your feedback.